Sunday, July 31, 2011


Day1 : 28-07-2011

5.10 a.m: Wakeup call - Heard the worst tone i presume to be - my mother's voice. It seemed to be the worse for me and I hate that particularly when she yells my name to come out of the paradise land I was into sleeping tight. Finishing my morning duties with a nice shower to wake myself from the mighty sleep-doze hangover I rushed into my pooja room started chanting mantras. Wearing my boot on i started walking towards the mirror seeing myself for a check, happy I had my zip on, at last smiled at the mirror and heard a voice 'why the hell was that shit-eating grin on my face?'  Too gross it looked. That is how i started from my home to the so called Day1 of my corporate life


6.20 a.m: Chetpet station- Started in train and reached the destination point MEPZ. I was amidst a group of bee's flying for a place in its nest, god it took my brains out to get myself steady entering into the shuttle reaching the Cognizant campus and there stood the big Q, it was big enough I could term it as 'queue I have never been next to tirupathi dharshan'. Getting in our temporary entry pass sticking my photo sealing it entered the campus. I swear a feeling of paramount joy aroused in me to see 40% (in approx) were chicks among 580 people who turned up for the Day 1.  With a mood filled with pride, happiness, enthusiasm and excitement I walked towards the third floor where we had been given a place to get settled, to fill in the details asked for and submitting the records. Excused myself among the people who were blocking my way I gave my records for verification and there seemed to start a 'wrong thing' just in the 'right time'.
"Can I see at least a photocopy of your Degree Certificate" a lady (GIRL to be correct) HR asked me. "What?" was the only word I could reply in answer. Immediate reaction followed to my word by folding my file and pointing her index finger to a table where I could see pissed-of-faces in dozens being seated. With no more questions I went there explaining to person in charge that I have all my records other than the one asked for, but they never cared my words nor my reaction demanding the one I’m without, next came an information
if(submitted tomorrow)
 You r in;
Be back on September 2nd (the next recruitment date)
i was in a "WTF!" state and there was a sensation of unformed dread in my belly. Suddenly I had a brainstorm where at sometimes you don’t think of anything particular but you think so many others. Back to Back calls to my Mom and aunt, asking them to search the copy that I was asked to, but both of them ended my call saying they failed. And that sure was enough to make my day a "Holy- crap!!” I was experiencing the height of frustration when I started terming a guy as pizza face (he was flooded with pimples and man that was oozing) who asked me way to RR, yelling at whomsoever its concerned who dashed me on their way even though it was unintentional, most of all never did I pause for a second to be still and look at those lovely hot chicks who passed my way (injustice I thought!!). They day 1 ended in Campus with a photo shoot and all were asked to be at 8.45 the next day. Started back home with "where is it? Where did I keep? Where shall I find it" questions.

6.30 p.m: Back home - Walked in my room where I could possibly get the images stating 'the hunt has begin' and the result of it 'answer was given by the void expression seen in my Father's face'. Trying to put myself to sleep but I could never win over it and then I stared debating saying something along the thoughts that were running, at last decide to go against it. Whatever happens let me face it. No point in cursing the HR people cos the cause for losing it truly lies on me

Day 2 : 29-07-2011

7.30 a.m: Chetpet Station - Walking down the platform Mobile rings
'THERE WAS A ELECTRIC COMMUNICATION BETWEEN US' i laughed too loud to release the tension (I’m sure my father was relived too) to hear the certificate is there. I drove my bike down to my home rushed up too fast as if it was my Wife's Due date, it dint take too long to catch up with the certificate in my hands. The smell of it was so rusty as it was sandwiched amidst 70's and 80's papers which was my father’s Property

10.30a.m: MEPZ - Back to campus I reached the place late by hour and half. Sat with a same old shit-eating grin on my face. I soon got the place I intended to join on Monday i was really pumped up hearing it . Then I started realizing is it my curse or luck as no-one amidst all the HR people never did ask about the submission of Degree certificate of missed out people which was in great demand on day 1, that spoilt my First ever day in Corporate World completely

3.30 p.m: Day came to an end I walked out of the Hall glancing my bag and constantly holding my Degree certificate in my hands, I know how stupid it must sound but I felt good holding it in my hands.

Finally Day 1 and Day 2 - Kick off in a POPU (Pissed Off Pumped Up) State.


Post a Comment